TUI UK PARTNERS WITH GOVERNMENT AUTHORISED CHRONOMICS TESTING TO OFFER COVID TEST PACKAGES FROM JUST £20
- Exclusive testing packages available for all TUI customers with package holidays this summer
- Testing for Green list destinations starting at £20 per person and Amber list destinations from £50
- TUI UK subsiding the cost of testing to help customers travel again this summer
6th May 2021 – TUI UK today announced they have partnered with Government authorised providers Chronomics to make holidays this summer easy and affordable, with packages for customers from just £20 per person with delivery and return costs for the tests included in the price. Four packages have been created to make inbound and outbound testing affordable for travel to countries on the soon to be confirmed green and amber lists.
Customers will be able to order tests on a newly created Chronomics and TUI booking hub an hour after booking their holiday and will input their booking reference, departure date and country of travel to enter the site. The new booking hub will go live on Monday 10th May.
The packages are:
- Green @ £20 per person containing 1 x pre-departure Lateral Flow Test and 1x inbound PCR test for day two
- Green+ @ £60 per person containing 1 x outbound PCR test with courier costs 7 days a week included, 1 x pre-departure Lateral Flow Test and 1 x inbound PCR test for day two
- Amber @ £50 per person containing 1 x pre-departure Lateral Flow Test and 2 x inbound PCR tests for day two and day 8
- Amber+ @ £90 per person containing 1 x outbound PCR test with courier costs 7 days a week included, 1 x pre-departure Lateral Flow Test and 2 x inbound PCR tests for day two 2 and day 8
Pre-departure lateral flow tests will include test verification and certification to fly back to the UK. As well as the inbound testing packages required by UK regulations, customers can also select kits that include an additional outbound PCR test should that be a requirement of the destination they are travelling to.
For total peace of mind, the UK’s leading holiday company is also including free Covid-19 Cover protection for all package holiday customers travelling from 17th May to 31st August and allowing free amends up to 14 days before departure.
Andrew Flintham, Managing Director, TUI UK & Ireland said:
“We have always believed that cost-effective testing solutions, as well as maximum flexibility, will make travel a possibility this summer and beyond. Our research has shown that customers are looking forward to their much-needed holiday overseas, but affordable and easy testing solutions was imperative to make this a reality. The four new exclusive testing packages have been developed with our customers in mind; they’re offered at greatly reduced prices, include certification to travel and will be a simple process from start to finish. Also, should testing requirements change between purchase and travel, for example if an amber package is purchased and the destination moves onto the green list, we’ll simply refund the difference.
“Whilst we await the imminent announcement of which countries feature on the different lists, we continue to plan our return to the skies from the 17th May. We recognise that some customers may need to change their holiday, so any customer due to travel before the end of August can change for free 14 days before travel – and any extra costs associated with Covid-19 that wouldn’t be covered by regular travel insurance will be taken care off with our free Covid-19 Protection.
“We look forward to taking holiday makers away again soon and will continue to work closely with the Government to ensure this is done safely.”
Tom Stubbs, Chief Executive of Chronomics said:
“This has been an incredibly hard year for everyone, and the prospect of being able to go on holiday this summer is something that is keeping lots of people going. We’re delighted to be partnering with TUI UK to help make this a reality for families across the country. The simplicity of this packaged approach really shows TUI UK to be leading the way when it comes to going the extra mile for their customers and giving them peace of mind – we’re very proud to be helping play a part in that.”