TUI INTRODUCES FIRST UK DIRECT FLIGHTS TO LOS CABOS AS IT ANNOUNCES WINTER 19 PROGRAMME
- Exciting new route announced to ‘celebrity hot spot’ Los Cabos, Mexico
- From November 2019 TUI will fly direct to Los Cabos, Mexico from Gatwick airport
- Early launch of Summer 2020 programme on 8th November
- 1,000s of free kids places for Summer 2020 programme as well as low deposits on all of the TUI favourite hotels including TUI Sensatori, TUI Family Life, Splashworld, First Choice Holiday Village and Suneo Club
- Various new regional routes launched for both Winter 2019 and Summer 2020
1st NOVEMBER, LONDON: TUI, the world’s largest holiday company, are excited to announce a brand new holiday destination flying direct from the UK for Winter 2019 – Los Cabos, Mexico. The vibrant destination is famed for alluring Hollywood’s finest stars with the likes of George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston and Nicole Kidman all being regular visitors to the Mexican hot spot.
As the market leader in Mexico with direct flights to Cancun and Puerto Vallarta, TUI will offer the only direct flights to the destination from the UK, offering two flights a week from London Gatwick from November 2019. Mexico continues to be our most popular long-haul gateway and has the most searches on the TUI website.
TUI will offer exclusive holiday packages to the destination’s two main resort areas – Cabo San Lucas & San Jose Del Cabo. The area offers a buzzing marina, plenty of activities and lively nightlife.
Holidaymakers will be spoilt for choice with a range of new hotels including the Hard Rock Hotel Los Cabos, RIU Santa Fe and RIU Baja California.
Sticking with its commitment of offering more flexibility and choice, TUI will offer 7, 10, 11 and 14 night durations for holidaymakers, with the option of two different flights per week departing from London Gatwick.
As well as the exciting news of launching winter 2019, TUI will be launching summer 2020 holidays from early November – the earliest the tour operator has sold a summer programme. This is to allow customers to secure their favourite hotels or preferred flight options earlier than ever before. TUI customers will be offered thousands of free kids places and low deposits TUI’s hotel concepts including Sensatori, Family Life, Splashworld, Holiday Village and Suneo Club.
Mark Hall, Director of Product & Destination Experience TUI UK & Ireland said ‘As the market leader in Mexico, we’re so pleased to be able to offer our customers a unique view of the country following the success of Puerto Vallarta and Cancun in our programme. We know the inspiring, fashionable addition of Los Cabos to our TUI collection will encourage not only those who’re familiar with the destination but also those who have never visited the country before. We’re proud to be able to continue offering customers even more choice and flexibility and help British holidaymakers discover their smiles.’
Rodrigo Esponda Cascajares Managing Director for Los Cabos Tourism Board said ‘We are honoured to have TUI as the first carrier to start a non-stop flight to Los Cabos from Europe, specifically from the U.K. We will now have the opportunity to showcase the unique diversity and sophisticated region of Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, Mexico. We are thankful for the partnership that was established between TUI and our European partners, 110PERCeb Ltd., that has finally come to fruition. We are confident that it will be a success.’
Notes to Editors:
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
On sale date for Winter 19 and Summer 20 is November 8th 2018
REGIONAL ROUTES W19
- New routes to Hurghada Eqypt from Doncaster Sheffield, Birmingham, Cardiff, East Midlands, Exeter, Stansted airports
- Manchester airport will have a new TUI route to Marsa Alam, Egypt
- Birmingham airport will have a new TUI route to Agadir–Al Massira, Morocco and Marsa Alam, Egypt
- Bristol airport will have a new TUI route to Keflavik in Iceland, Dalaman in Turkey and a Marella Cruise only flight to Naples in Italy
REGIONAL ROUTES S20
- New weekly TUI long haul route launched from Doncaster Sheffield Airport – departing on Sundays to Cancun, Mexico
- Additional weekly TUI long haul flight launched from Manchester airport – departing Wednesdays and Saturdays to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
TUI UK & IRELAND
TUI UK and Ireland, part of TUI Group, is the business behind the TUI, First Choice and Marella Cruises brands, as well as Crystal Ski Holidays and TUI Lakes & Mountains. Sub brands include TUI Sensatori, TUI Family Life, TUI Sensimar, First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts.
Its airline, TUI Airways – formerly Thomson Airways – has 64 aircraft operating to over 70 destinations in 30 countries. It was the first airline in the UK to take delivery of Boeing’s 787 Dreamliner and in 2018 will welcome new 737 MAXs to its fleet.
TUI UK and Ireland has a team of more than 10,000 employees and serves over six million customers each year.