TUI UK ANNOUNCES PLANS TO RE-START HOLIDAYS THIS SUMMER
- Destinations available for this summer include Spain and Greece with flights from TUI’s three biggest UK airports, Gatwick, Manchester and Birmingham
- New TUI Holiday Promise makes five guarantees to take travellers on holiday safely, from quarantine free destinations to 24-7 in-resort support
- New health and safety measures include digital check in, increased disinfecting of aircraft, mandatory face masks on flights and social distancing at hotels
21st June 2020 – TUI UK today reveals details of its plans to re-start summer holidays with a limited programme when the Government travel advice changes. The leading travel company is ready to take Brits on holiday again to eight destinations in Greece, the Balearics and the Canaries from three UK airports from 11th July in the first phase of its’ restart operations.
In phase one of the planned restart, from 11-24 July, up to 8,300 holidaymakers could travel on up to 44 flights per week to Ibiza, Palma, Corfu, Crete, Kos, Rhodes, Lanzarote and Tenerife. TUI plans to add more flights and destinations by the end of July to offer a total of 19 destinations from five UK airports, subject to Government advice.
New health and safety measures
To prepare for the restart, TUI has already implemented a range of new health and safety measures to protect both customers and employees. Key measures are detailed below.
- Mandatory face masks on board
- Extra cleaning and disinfecting of aircraft
- State-of-the art hospital standard air filtering systems to keep fresh air flowing through the cabin every few minutes
- Hand sanitiser sachets available to customers on board
- Customers advised to remain seated as much as possible with cabin crew managing bathroom queues
- Hand sanitising stations set up throughout hotels
- Social distancing markers on the floor
- Restaurants may have fewer tables and will stay open for longer
- In many properties, table service will replace self-service dining
- Resort facilities, like sports courts, may be open for longer than normal to allow for social distancing
- Sun loungers at pools and beaches will be disinfected between each new guest
The TUI Holiday Promise
To give customers peace of mind, TUI has also introduced a new Holiday Promise built around five commitments to ensure customers can have the safest and most relaxing holiday possible.
- TUI standards guaranteed: We promise you’ll have a brilliant TUI holiday. If there are any significant changes at your hotel, resort or destination which will stop this from happening, we won’t take you there.
- 24-hour support: We promise you’ll be supported 24-7 by our holiday reps. Simply download the TUI App or have a chat with our expertly trained staff in your hotel or resort.
- Quarantine-free holidays: We promise we’ll only take you on quarantine-free holidays. This means we won’t travel anywhere with known isolating measures in place.
- No holiday, no worries: We promise we’ll be in contact as soon as we can if your holiday can’t go ahead due to COVID-19. We’ll offer you the opportunity to change your booking to a different holiday. Or, you can take a refund credit note or a full cash refund.
- We’ve got covid-19 covered: We promise to introduce extra measures to protect you, as well as us, against COVID-19 – from disinfecting the aircraft cabin to making sure our hotels are deep-cleaned before they reopen.
Andrew Flintham, Managing Director of TUI UK & Ireland said:
“We’re really excited to be talking about taking people on holiday again. We’re of course still waiting on the Government to change its travel advice but we’ve been working really hard behind the scenes and we’re ready to start taking holidaymakers away again in just a few weeks’ time. Initially, we are focussing on destinations where we anticipate air bridges being in place, such as Greece and Spain. But we know many Brits are eager to travel again, and we have ambitious plans to rapidly increase our programme as soon as possible, to offer even more choice when it comes to holidaying this summer.
We appreciate that some people may be feeling apprehensive towards travel and have questions about what a post-covid holiday will be like, which is why we’ve introduced our new TUI Holiday Promise. It provides holidaymakers with five guarantees we’ve made to keep them safe abroad, while reassuring them that we’re still providing relaxing and enjoyable holidays. If a destination has a quarantine in place, we won’t go there. If local restrictions or measures in place at hotels or resorts significantly impact the original holiday experience you booked, we won’t take you there.
We’ll apply every possible health and safety measure to keep our customers and staff safe and protected at every single stage of their journey. We’ll also make sure we keep in touch and are as flexible as we can be if people need to amend their holidays”.
Customers can find out all they need to know at tui.co.uk