Flights to Bodrum area
About Bodrum area
- Sprawl on the sands at Altinkum beach. It translates as ‘golden sands’, and that’s exactly what you’ll find on this wide, pillow-soft stretch.
- Mosey around Bodrum’s food market. Thursdays and Fridays see trestle tables bowing under the weight of fruit, veg and spices in every colour of the rainbow.
- Tuck into ‘pirzola’. These melt-in-your-mouth lamb chops are seasoned with sumac and thyme, and griddled to perfection.
- Make your way to the aptly named Bar Street in Gumbet – it’s a road of revelry that packs in everything from cheesy disco joints to good-time Irish pubs.
- Relax in a traditional hammam. These old Turkish bathhouses will wash away your stresses and leave you feeling as good as new.