- Airport Name : Girona Costa Brava (GRO)
- Airport Location : Girona Airport is 12 kilometres from Girona city centre.
- Terminal : TUI fly from the main terminal.
- Girona’s centre is about 12 kilometres from Girona Airport.
- If you’re continuing your journey from the airport by car, take the AP-7 motorway or the N-11 no-toll road.
- The drive to Lloret de Mar takes about 30 minutes, the trip to Tossa de Mar lasts about 40 minutes, and you can be in Calella de Costa within 45 minutes.
- If you’re heading to Barcelona, you can expect a 75-minute journey.
- Hourly buses operate between the airport and Girona, and the journey takes about 25 minutes.
- You can also take a bus to Barcelona from here. The departure schedule varies, but the timetable is available online, so you can check before you fly. Look for route 604 operated by Sagalés.
- The bus journey from Girona Airport to Barcelona takes approximately 75 minutes.
- Buses also link the airport with popular destinations in the Costa Brava like Tossa de Mar, Calella de la Costa and Lloret de Mar.
- Girona Airport has a taxi rank right outside the terminal, and it’s in operation 24/7.
- All of the official taxis are metered and it’s a good idea to request a receipt.
- The ride to Lloret de Mar takes about 30 minutes. Travel 10 minutes further and you’ll reach Tossa de Mar. Calella de la Costa, meanwhile, is within a 45-minute cab ride from the airport.
Top 5 resorts in Costa Brava
Top 5 hotels in Costa Brava
Tossa de Mar,Spain
Calella de la Costa,Spain
Lloret De Mar,Spain
Lloret De Mar,Spain
We offer a range of services, including foreign currency, travellers’ cheques and our Travel Money Card. You get a competitive exchange rate with us, and we won’t charge you commission.
return coach transfers
Just so you know, the transfer coach will drop off and collect you from the centre of the resort. This means you might need to arrange additional transport to/from wherever you are staying.
You’ll find a selection of well-known car hire companies at Girona Airport. Vehicles are available for hire from Hertz, Budget, Thrifty, and Avis, as well as several other local providers. You can contact the hire companies directly for prices.
With our huge range of excursions, you can add pretty much any experience you want to your holiday. Take to the sky in a hot air balloon, or trek past waterfalls and rivers in the jungle.