Flights to Sal
- Watch kitesurfers cartwheel over the waves. The aptly-named Kite Beach has some good areas designed for beginners, as well as places you can see the experts at work.
- Float in salt baths at Pedra de Lume crater. These warm pools are filled with water that’s said to be saltier than the famous Dead Sea, making it near-impossible to sink.
- Zoom across the Mars-like landscapes by quad bike. The whole island’s only 35 kilometres long by 12 kilometres wide, so you can cover a lot of ground in a day.
- Peek into Sal’s underwater world. Turtles, trumpet fish and manta rays are all regular visitors to the island’s off-shore caves and reefs.
- Go island hopping around the archipelago. The cloud-coloured beaches of Boa Vista are just a catamaran ride away.