Flights to Mexico - Pacific Coast
About Mexico - Pacific Coast
- Sail over to Playa las Caletas. This beach once belonged to the film director John Huston, who filmed Night of the Iguana here in the Sixties, prompting the region’s popularity.
- Invest in some Huichol art in the galleries in Puerto Vallarta. This type of handicraft work is unique to the Pacific Coast and it involves the use of beads, yarns and beeswax to make colourful masks, wall hangings and ornaments.
- Savour the taste of some quirky Mexican dishes at El Dinamita in Nuevo Vallarta. This restaurant has a lantern-lit garden area, and the menu features specials like deep-fried ice cream and seafood served in lava bowls.
- Head over to Bucerias on a Thursday for Art Walk Night. The galleries on Lazardo Cardenas open late and serve cocktails so you can peruse the art with a drink in hand.
- Hurtle through the trees at speeds of up to 60 miles-per-hour at Mexico’s fastest zip-line circuit, just outside of Puerto Vallarta. The longest zip-line here is 1,200 metres long.