- Airport Name : Crete Chania (CHQ)
- Airport Location : The airport is 15 kilometres from Chania.
- Terminal : We fly from the main terminal.
- Chania Airport is 15 kilometres from Chania city centre.
- It’s a 25-minute drive from the airport to Chania, it takes an hour and a half to drive to Rethymnon, and the journey to Heraklion is about two hours long.
- Local buses run between the airport and Chania city centre. Buses leave from outside the airport.
- The bus ride from the airport into Chania takes about 30 minutes, and costs around €2.50.
- You can catch a cab from the taxi rank outside the terminal.
- The taxi ride from the airport to Chania takes about 25 minutes, and normally costs around €25.
- A taxi to Rethymnon will take about an hour and a half, and will cost roughly €100.
We offer a range of services, including foreign currency, travellers’ cheques and our Travel Money Card. You get a competitive exchange rate with us, and we won’t charge you commission.
return coach transfers
Just so you know, the transfer coach will drop off and collect you from the centre of the resort. This means you might need to arrange additional transport to/from wherever you are staying.
There are three car hire companies represented at Chania Airport – Europcar, Hertz and Kappa.
With our huge range of excursions, you can add pretty much any experience you want to your holiday. Take to the sky in a hot air balloon, or trek past waterfalls and rivers in the jungle.