- Airport Name : Sal (SID)
- Airport Location : Amilcar Cabral Airport is two km from Espargos city centre and 20 km from Santa Maria.
- Terminal : TUI fly from the main terminal.
- Amilcar Cabral Airport is located two km from Espargos city centre and approximately 20 km from Santa Maria.
- There is very little traffic. And, it’s easy to navigate around the island, although some of the roads are not much more than rough tracks.
- The drive to Espargos takes about five minutes and the journey to Santa Maria lasts about 20 minutes.
- Whilst there are no formal bus services available at the airport, you can catch a form of transport called an ‘aluguer,’ which is usually a minibus.
- You should always negotiate a fixed fare in advance.
- You’ll have to wait for the entire vehicle to fill up before it will leave.
- From the airport to Espargos, the ride takes about five minutes. And, the drive from the airport to Santa Maria takes approximately 20 minutes.
- Taxis are available at the rank in front of the terminal.
- It’s a good idea to negotiate a price for your journey before heading out.
- The drive to Espargos is about five minutes and the ride to Santa Maria takes about 20 minutes.
We offer a range of services, including foreign currency, travellers’ cheques and our Travel Money Card. You get a competitive exchange rate with us, and we won’t charge you commission.
return coach transfers
Just so you know, the transfer coach will drop off and collect you from the centre of the resort. This means you might need to arrange additional transport to/from wherever you are staying.
Car hire is available at Amil Cabrera Airport.
With our huge range of excursions, you can add pretty much any experience you want to your holiday. Take to the sky in a hot air balloon, or trek past waterfalls and rivers in the jungle.