A MESSAGE FROM US
In accordance with the latest advice from the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, we’re operating holidays to a select number of destinations, which are outlined further down on this page. For more information on these destinations, and to find out what you can expect if you travel to them, please have a read of our TUI Holiday Promise.
The UK Government reviews its travel advice on a weekly basis, and this can sometimes force us to make changes to our holiday programme. Please understand that we are doing all that we can to give you as much notice as possible about any changes to your holiday and we apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused.
We’d like to extend a personal thank you for your patience and understanding as our customer service and social media teams work around the clock during such an unprecedented time.
Please continue reading for more information.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
HOW DO I KNOW IF MY HOLIDAY IS GOING AHEAD?
Just so you know, the information on this page is updated during office hours, Monday to Friday. You'll always find the latest information on our 24/7 Travel Alert page.
Due to the unprecedented changes to worldwide travel, we’re currently – or will soon be – offering TUI holidays to the following destinations:
Canary Islands – Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, Tenerife
Greece (some islands)
You can find more information on these destinations, as well as any special entry requirements here.
If your holiday falls into one of the below categories, we’re really sorry to say that it has been cancelled.
• TUI holidays to Egypt due to depart on or before 6 November 2020
• TUI holidays to Tunisia due to depart on or before 31 October 2020
• TUI holidays to Morocco due to depart on or before 3 November 2020
• TUI holidays to The Gambia due to depart on or before 6 November 2020
• TUI holidays to Bulgaria due to depart on or before 31 October 2020
• TUI holidays to Antigua due to depart on or before 1 November 2020
• TUI holidays to Jamaica due to depart on or before 31 October 2020
• TUI holidays to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic due to depart on or before 6 November 2020
• TUI holidays to Boa Vista and Sal due to depart on or before 6 November 2020
• TUI holidays to Costa Rica due to depart on or before 6 November 2020
• TUI holidays to Cyprus due to depart on or before 4 November 2020
• TUI holidays to the resort of Chania in Crete, due to depart on or before 31 October 2020
• TUI holidays to the resort of Heraklion, in Crete, due to depart on or before 3o November 2020
• TUI holidays to the resort of Malia in Crete due to depart on or before 31 October 2020
• TUI holidays to the resort of Laganas in Zante due to depart on or before 31 October 2020
• TUI holidays to Santorini due to depart on or before 31 October 2020
• TUI holidays to Mykonos due to depart on or before 31 October 2020
• TUI holidays to Goa due to depart on or before 10 November 2020
• TUI holidays to Italy due to depart on or before 3 November 2020
• TUI holidays to Jamaica due to depart on or before 6 November 2020
• TUI holidays to the Maldives due to depart on or before 1 November 2020
• TUI holidays to Malta due to depart on or before 3 November 2020
• TUI holidays to Cancun, Mexico due to depart on or before 6 November 2020
• TUI holidays to Los Cabos, Mexico due to depart on or before 31 December 2020
• TUI holidays to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico due to depart on or before 6 November 2020
• TUI holidays to mainland Portugal due to depart on or before 31 October 2020
• TUI holidays with TUI Airways flights to Madeira due to depart on or before 25 October 2020
• TUI holidays to Reus, Ibiza, Menorca and Majorca due to depart on or before 31 October 2020
• TUI holidays to Malaga and Alicante due to depart on or before 3 November 2020
• TUI holidays to Phuket due to depart on or before 6 November 2020
• TUI holidays to Turkey due to depart on or before 3 November 2020
• TUI holidays to Florida due to depart on or before 30 November 2020
• TUI holidays to Phu Quoc due to depart on or before 31 December 2020
Unfortunately, we have also had to cancel the following:
• TUI River Cruises sailings travelling on or before 25 November 2020
• TUI Lakes and Mountains holidays travelling on or before 30 September 2020
• TUI Tours travelling on or before 31 October 2020
• All sailings on Marella Celebration
• All Marella Cruises sailings – including Explorer, Explorer 2 and Discovery – up to and including 15 November 2020
• Marella Discovery sailings in December 2020 and January 2021, and sailings on 2 February 2021 and 9 February 2021
• All winter 2020 and summer 2021 Marella Discovery sailings to and from Port Canaveral, Florida
• All future Marella Dream sailings, apart from summer 2021 sailings from Palma, Majorca, which will now sail on Marella Discovery
We plan to resume Marella Cruises holidays from 16 November, including:
• Marella Explorer – 16 or 17 November 2020, from Gran Canaria or Tenerife
• Marella Explorer 2 – 29 November 2020, from Barbados
• Marella Discovery – 3 February 2021, from Malaga, Spain
• Marella Discovery 2 – 24 March 2021, from Paphos, Cyprus
• Marella Discovery – formerly on Marella Dream – 4 May 2021, from Palma, Majorca
If you have a holiday booked with us and it’s impacted by a change or cancellation, we’ll contact you to discuss your options.
I’M BOOKED TO TRAVEL IN OCTOBER OR NOVEMBER TO A DESTINATION THAT’S NOT ON THE TRAVEL EXEMPTION LIST – WILL IT GO AHEAD?
We appreciate that there is ongoing uncertainty surrounding travel at the moment. We're monitoring the situation closely and hope that your holiday will be able to go ahead as planned, however we’re offering increased flexibility to help you plan ahead. If you have a holiday booked to a destination that’s not on the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office’s travel exemption list, and are due to travel between 10 October and 30 November 2020 inclusive, you can now amend to any holiday that’s currently on sale up until seven days before departure with no amendment fees.
You can amend your holiday using Manage My Booking. Please be aware that if your holiday package doesn't include flights with TUI Airways, you'll need to amend to a package which includes flights with the same carrier as your original booking – you can call us on 0203 451 2688 to arrange this. If you booked in a TUI Store, you can call between 9am and 5.30pm from Monday to Friday, 9am and 5.30pm on Saturday and 11am and 5pm on Sunday. If you booked online or on the TUI or First Choice App, you can call between 9am and 7pm from Monday to Friday, 9am and 5pm on Saturday and 10am and 5pm on Sunday.
I’M DUE TO GO ON A WINTER CRUISE AFTER 15 NOVEMBER 2020, IS THERE ANY ADDITIONAL FLEXIBILITY FOR ME?
We appreciate that there is ongoing uncertainty surrounding travel at the moment. We're monitoring the situation closely and hope that your cruise will be able to go ahead as planned. However, we’re offering increased flexibility to help you plan ahead and give you extra peace of mind. If you have a cruise booked for departure between 16 November 2020 and 31 March 2021, you can now amend your booking for free to any TUI holiday currently on sale, as long as you do this by 31 October 2020. Please call us on 0203 451 2688 to arrange this.
I’VE SEEN THAT THE GERMAN GOVERNMENT HAVE CHANGED THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR UK TRAVELLERS, WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR MY TUI RIVER CRUISES BOOKING?
We’re aware that the German government have recently changed their entry requirements for UK travellers due to COVID-19. This may affect our TUI River Cruises customers. Please bear with us while we work through options for customers sailing with us this winter. We’ll be in touch soon with information about your holiday.
We appreciate that you may be feeling uncertain about your travel plans, so, we’re offering increased flexibility to give you extra peace of mind. If you have a river cruise booked for departure between 26 November 2020 and 31 March 2021, you can now amend your booking for free to a later date, as long as you do this by 31 October 2020. Please call our river cruise team on 0800 975 4477 to arrange this.
CAN I STILL TRAVEL IF THERE ARE LOCAL RESTRICTIONS?
We currently have a flexible amends policy in place to cover this. If you are self-isolating, or your area is in a local tier 3 lockdown, and you're due to depart in the next 14 days, you can choose a different holiday without paying any amendment fees. Or, if your holiday is due to depart within the dates that your area is in lockdown, you can also amend for free. If the new holiday is cheaper, you’ll be refunded the difference. And if it’s more expensive, you’ll need to pay the new balance.
CAN I TRAVEL WITH MORE THAN SIX PEOPLE FROM DIFFERENT HOUSEHOLDS?
We advise customers to act responsibly and follow the current government advice. TUI isn’t responsible for monitoring groups travelling together from different households.
SHOULD I PAY MY BALANCE?
We appreciate that you may be feeling apprehensive about paying your balance. We’d like to reassure you that, should your booking become impacted by any changes in cancellation dates, you will be offered a range of flexible options. These options will include a refund credit and incentive, or the opportunity to apply for a cash refund.
Unfortunately, if you don’t continue with payments your holiday will be cancelled. If you booked in a TUI Store you can call 0203 451 2688 between 9am and 5.30pm from Monday to Friday, 9am and 5.30pm on Saturday and 11am and 5pm on Sunday – our Travel Advisors will be able to help you.
To give you peace of mind, we’d like to reassure you that all of our package holidays are ATOL protected – and all of our Marella Cruises or TUI River Cruises bookings which are cabin-only or sail from a UK port are protected under the ABTA bonding scheme – so you can pay your balance with confidence. And, should your holiday be cancelled at a later date, you’ll have the option to receive a refund credit or cash refund.
I FEEL UNSURE ABOUT TRAVELLING ON THE DATE OF MY BOOKING, WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?
We know how important flexibility is at the moment, so we’ve introduced a free amends policy on new package holiday bookings. The policy is valid on new bookings which include flights with TUI Airways, made before 31 December 2020 and departing between now and 30 April 2021. For more information on this policy, take a look here.
If your holiday isn’t included under the free amends policy, and we haven’t cancelled your holiday, our normal booking terms and conditions apply. If your original travel date is more than 70 days away, then you can amend it for a £50pp fee.
I BOOKED IN A TUI STORE AND I NEED TO PAY MY BALANCE
To speak to the team, you can call 0203 451 2688 between 9am and 5.30pm from Monday to Friday, 9am and 5.30pm on Saturday and 11am and 5pm on Sunday. Please bear in mind that our call lines are experiencing exceptionally high volumes of calls so it may take longer than usual to get through to us.
I HAVE HEARD THAT MY HOTEL WON'T BE OPEN FOR MY HOLIDAY DATES, WILL MY HOLIDAY BE CANCELLED?
We’d like to reassure you that we’re working through any hotel closures in order of departure date and ask that you bear with us for now. We will be in contact with you to discuss your options as soon as we can. At the moment, we are prioritising customers whose holidays have been cancelled. Thank you for your patience.
WHAT IS A REFUND CREDIT?
We understand that you may not be ready to book again just yet, so the refund credit gives you the flexibility to book your travel in future. Plus, if your original booking was for a package holiday, you’ll get a separate booking incentive.
Also, if your original booking was part of a package, your refund credit will carry the same ATOL protection. If your Marella or TUI River Cruises booking was cabin-only or sailed from a UK port, your refund credit is protected under the ABTA bonding scheme. You can therefore be confident that you have financial security.
I WOULD LIKE A REFUND
If you no longer wish to have a refund credit note, please use our refund request form to apply for a cash refund.
HOW CAN I SPEAK TO A MEMBER OF THE TEAM?
To speak to the team, please call 0203 451 2688. If you booked in a TUI Store, you can call between 9am and 5.30pm from Monday to Friday, 9am and 5.30pm on Saturday and 11am and 5pm on Sunday. If you booked online or on the TUI or First Choice App, you can call between 9am and 7pm from Monday to Friday, 9am and 5pm on Saturday and 10am and 5pm on Sunday.
Please use the number above to contact us, rather than any other that you might see online. Although we do operate some other numbers, 0203 451 2688 is our main phone line – using this number will ensure that you get through to the correct team. We’re also aware that some scammers are falsely advertising phone numbers as belonging to us, and potentially charging callers, so please be vigilant and only call 0203 451 2688.
A NOTE ON YOUR SECURITY
We’re aware that criminals are pretending to be TUI or TUI colleagues to try and defraud our customers using social media, email or telephone calls. To protect yourself against fraud never give away information about your booking on an email or telephone call.
The email address Covidfirstname.lastname@example.org is not affiliated, used by or monitored by us and is likely to be used by fraudsters who are attempting to gain further information in order to commit acts of fraud.
Further to this we are also aware of potential fraudulent activity involving email addresses ending with firstchoiceukltd.com & tuicareteam.com.
If you believe that you may be a victim of fraud, then please visit https://www.actionfraud.police.uk for further advice and ways to report fraud to the relevant authorities.
When our team contact you, they’ll identify themselves with specific knowledge about your booking that only they and you could know. If you are in doubt just call our contact centre on 0203 451 2688. Thank you for your caution.
Read our refund credit and booking incentive terms and conditions
See the latest government travel advice