HOLIDAYS BOOKED ON THE TUI OR FIRST CHOICE WEBSITE, OR THE TUI OR FIRST CHOICE APP
WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?
We will be proactively contacting you to discuss a range of flexible options, including:
• You can amend to another holiday currently on sale using Manage My Booking and if the new booking is more expensive than your original booking, we’ll give you an incentive worth up to 20% of your original holiday cost, to put towards your new booking. You have seven days to do this from when you receive your confirmation email. After this, your holiday will be automatically cancelled.
• Simply cancel your booking and we'll then automatically refund you the amount that you've paid for your original booking.
You can read the refund credit and separate booking incentive terms and conditions here.
If you have any technical issues with the above, please contact us on 0203 451 2688.
• If you’re unable to accept a refund credit and you have received your refund credit code, please use our refund request form to apply for a cash refund.
• If you booked through a third party, you should contact them directly, as their conditions around changes and cancellations may differ.
If you’ve booked a Crystal Ski holiday, you’ll find all the information you need to know on their website. This page will open in a new window.
HOLIDAYS BOOKED IN A TUI STORE
WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?
• If you’d like to amend your holiday to a different time or destination, you can easily do so. One of our Travel Experts will be calling you within seven days after you’ve received your cancellation confirmation email to help you amend your booking. Please keep an eye out for a phone call from an unknown number.
– If you amend, and your new holiday is more expensive, you’ll receive a booking incentive, so you can find a holiday that’s right for you without worrying about the extra cost.
– You have seven days to amend your booking from when you receive your cancellation confirmation email. After this, your holiday will be automatically cancelled.
• If you’re not ready to book a different holiday, you can wait until seven days after you receive your cancellation confirmation email, when your holiday will be automatically cancelled.
– You’ll receive a refund credit for the full cost of your holiday, plus a booking incentive, which you can put towards any holiday that’s currently on sale up until 31 October 2022. You must use your refund credit by 30 September 2021.
• Simply cancel your booking and we'll then automatically refund you the amount that you’ve paid for your holiday.
DO I NEED TO WAIT TO RECEIVE MY REFUND CREDIT BEFORE I CAN AMEND MY BOOKING WITH MY INCENTIVE?
No, you can easily amend your booking on the Manage my Booking page straight away. The exceptions to this are if you added insurance, parking or an airport hotel to your booking, or your booking is a cruise that has been cancelled after 30 July 2020 – unfortunately you won’t be able to amend online.
You can read the full T&Cs here.
WHAT CAN I USE MY REFUND CREDIT ON?
You can use your refund credit as payment on any alternative or existing TUI or First Choice package holiday – including a Marella Cruises or TUI River Cruises sailing. You can also use it for a TUI Airways flight-only, TUI or First Choice accommodation-only or a Marella Cruises or TUI River Cruises cabin-only booking. We have holidays on sale up until 31 October 2022.
And, if you booked a package holiday, your refund credit will carry the same ATOL protection as your original holiday booking. And, if your Marella Cruises or TUI River Cruises booking was cabin-only or sailed from a UK port, your refund credit is protected under the ABTA bonding scheme. You can therefore be confident that you have financial security. If for any reason you don’t book an alternative holiday, we can change your refund credit to cash. We’ll refund you using your original payment method.
WHERE CAN I USE MY REFUND CREDIT?
You can use your refund credit on the TUI or First Choice website.
Or, if you’d like to chat it through, you’ll be able to do so with one of our Travel Experts by calling our contact centre – we’ve set up many of our Travel Experts to work remotely. You’ll just need to call 0203 451 2688. If you booked in a TUI Store, you can call between 8am and 8pm from Monday to Friday, 8am and 6pm on Saturday and 10am and 5pm on Sunday. If you booked online or on the TUI or First Choice App, you can call between 9am and 7pm from Monday to Friday, 9am and 5pm on Saturday and 10am and 5pm on Sunday.
You can also use your refund credit in one of our TUI Stores. To find out which of our stores are currently open, visit this page.
HOW DO I USE MY REFUND CREDIT ONLINE OR ON THE APP TO MAKE A NEW BOOKING?
1. Choose the holiday you’d like to book
2. When you reach the passenger details page, you’ll need to enter your refund credit code into the refund credit box at the top of the page. Your refund credit code will be emailed to you.
– Just so you know, if you’ve also received an incentive this will automatically be applied if you are making a new package holiday booking.
3. Another box will then pop up where you need to add in your original booking email address and original holiday booking reference (to make things easier, we included all the details you need in the email with your refund credit code).
4. Once your refund credit code has been accepted, you just need to fill in the passenger details information and click continue.
5. Your new booking is complete, and you’ll receive a confirmation email from us.
What happens if my new holiday costs less than my refund credit?
If your new holiday costs the same amount or less than your refund credit, then you’ll be taken straight to the confirmation page and your booking will be complete. You’ll receive an automatic refund for any outstanding refund credit balance. If we don’t have your details, we’ll be in touch to get them and arrange your refund.
What happens if my new holiday costs more than my refund credit?
If your new holiday costs more than your refund credit, you’ll also be taken to the confirmation page, as we appreciate you may not be ready to cover the extra cost right now. You’ll need to pay any outstanding amount 12 weeks before your new departure date.
However, if your new holiday is due to depart within 12 weeks from when you are making the booking, you’ll be taken to our payment page to pay the outstanding balance before you reach the confirmation page.
HOW CAN I AMEND OR CANCEL A BOOKING MADE WITH REFUND CREDIT?
If the holiday you’d like to amend to costs less than your previous booking, we’ll need to refund you the difference. Unfortunately, due to the way our systems are set up, we’re unable to process this online for you. So, to change your booking, please call us on 0203 451 2688. If you booked in a TUI Store, you can call between 8am and 8pm from Monday to Friday, 8am and 6pm on Saturday and 10am and 5pm on Sunday. If you booked online or on the TUI or First Choice App, you can call between 9am and 7pm from Monday to Friday, 9am and 5pm on Saturday and 10am and 5pm on Sunday.
If you’d like to cancel your booking, you’ll also need to call us on the same contact number and a member of our team will be able to process a refund for you.
HOW DO I APPLY MY REFUND CREDIT TO AN EXISTING BOOKING?
If you’d like to apply your refund credit to an existing booking, you’ll need to give us a call on the number below so that one of our Travel Experts can help you. We’re working hard to get our systems set up so you can do this in Manage my Booking soon, but at the moment you’ll need to call us.
Please be aware that our call centre teams are incredibly busy, so waiting times are considerably longer than usual. Please call 0203 451 2868 – if you booked in a TUI Store, you can call between 8am and 8pm from Monday to Friday, 8am and 6pm on Saturday and 10am and 5pm on Sunday. If you booked online or on the TUI or First Choice App, you can call between 9am and 7pm from Monday to Friday, 9am and 5pm on Saturday and 10am and 5pm on Sunday.
I HAVE ANOTHER BOOKING THAT HASN’T BEEN CANCELLED, CAN I APPLY MY REFUND CREDIT AND BOOKING INCENTIVE TO THAT?
If your other booking still has an outstanding balance you can use your refund credit to pay, however you won’t be able to use the booking incentive on an existing holiday. If you’d like to use both your refund credit and your booking incentive, you will need to book a new package holiday.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN MY REFUND CREDIT EXPIRES?
When your refund credit expires, you will automatically be issued a refund for any remaining balance you have on your refund credit. If we don’t have your payment details, or your card has expired, we’ll contact you to arrange your refund.
MY BOOKING WAS A WEDDING, WHERE DO I STAND?
We understand how anxious you must be feeling and fully appreciate the need to offer you additional flexibility. If your wedding booking is impacted, we’ll be contacting you directly to talk about your options. We are prioritising bookings in departure date order, so please do bear with us.
If you have an urgent query, please call 0203 451 2688 between 8am and 8pm from Monday to Friday, 8am and 6pm on Saturday and 10am and 5pm on Sunday.
WILL I GET A REFUND FOR ANY HOLIDAY EXTRAS THAT I BOOKED?
• If you booked any holiday extras with us at the time that you made your booking or in Manage my Booking, like extra legroom seats or additional luggage, the amount you paid for them will be included in your refund credit. Any extras bought through the airline portal or on gotui.com will receive a refund back to your original payment method.
• If you purchased AXA Insurance travel insurance through TUI you’ll be provided a refund onto the card you used to make the purchase.
• If you booked any other holiday extras with us, we’ll proactively contact you.
• If you booked any extras with us in one of our TUI Stores, we’ll be in touch with you to let you know how we will refund the value of these to you.
• If you booked any holiday extras through third parties, you’ll need to contact them directly.
MY QUESTION HASN’T BEEN ANSWERED, HOW CAN I TALK TO SOMEONE?
We have a dedicated team of Travel Experts set up and ready to help you with your booking. They’ll be able to answer any questions you may have, amend your booking for you, process your refund, take any payments for your holiday and support you in using your refund credit. Just to remind you, if you’ve been sent a refund credit you can also use it on the TUI or First Choice website.
To speak to the team, please call 0203 451 2688. If you booked in a TUI Store, you can call between 8am and 8pm from Monday to Friday, 8am and 6pm on Saturday and 10am and 5pm on Sunday. If you booked online or on the TUI or First Choice App, you can call between 9am and 7pm from Monday to Friday, 9am and 5pm on Saturday and 10am and 5pm on Sunday. Please do bear in mind that our call lines are experiencing exceptionally high volumes of calls so it may take longer than usual to get through to us.