THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. ENTER #YOURBIGDAY 2015 HERE.
Calling all brides and grooms-to-be! If you’re dreaming of a cost-free, faff-free wedding, then read on…
Anyone who’s planned a wedding knows it costs a pretty penny. From the flowers to the photographer, the dress to the venue, everything adds up. And then of course there’s the time it takes to find all this stuff. No wonder those TV brides didn’t want to be told.
But what if we gave you a chance to get hitched without opening your wallet? And minus the need to search for a suitable outfit, find the right venue, or spend ages poring over a people-pleasing table plan?
That got your attention, didn’t it?
We’re giving away a wedding package at the Athena Beach Hotel in Paphos, Cyprus (below) to one lucky couple – your big day will taking place on Sunday 28th September 2014. We’re talking flights, accommodation in a private pool suite room, and an All Inclusive stay for 14 nights from Wednesday 24th September 2014.
Sound tempting? We’re not even done yet.
On top of that you’ll win flights and 7-nights’ accommodation for up to 8 guests, stag and hen do’s in Cyprus, an outfit for the happy couple, 2 bridesmaids’ dresses, a wedding ceremony, a wedding reception, and some bells and whistles thrown in for good measure. Let’s face it – it wouldn’t be a wedding without bells and whistles.
And now comes the twist. In a UK first, 5 elements of the wedding – colour and theme, the bride’s dress, the bridesmaids’ dresses, the stag and hen do’s, and the first dance song – will be picked by our Thomson Facebook community. Don’t worry, they’ve clearly got good taste if they’re Thomson fans *winky face*
Think about it. You’ll be free from the stress of organising a wedding – plus there’ll be no need for the groom to feign interest over flower options – so what you’re left with is a hassle-free wedding celebration in the sun with your closest friends and family. We’ll raise a glass of Champagne to that.
What’s more, you’ll have a chance to write some blog posts for us to keep our audience updated on the lead-up to W-day – they will be choosing your colour scheme, after all.
1) Tell us in 250 words or less why you should win a wedding.
2) Submit an entry form, including a recent photo, your names, dates of birth, an email address and contact number.
The short-list of couples will be chosen by our expert panel of judges but, in true crowd-sourcing style, it’ll be up to our Thomson Facebook community to vote for the winning couple.
Please read the Terms and Conditions at the bottom of this page carefully before entering the competition. By entering you indicate that you accept these Terms and Conditions and you agree to be bound by them.
So, what are you waiting for? You’ve got until Monday 12th May to submit your entry.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before entering the competition. By entering you indicate that you accept these terms and conditions and you agree to be bound by them.
1. Promoter’s Details: Thomson is a trading name of TUI UK Limited (the “Promoter”), a member of the TUI Travel PLC group of companies, registered in England and Wales under number 2830117 and whose registered office is at TUI Travel House, Crawley Business Quarter, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9QL.
2. Eligibility: This competition is open to anyone resident in the UK, Northern Ireland or the Channel Islands, who is eighteen (18) years of age or older and is engaged to be married to someone aged eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees and immediate family (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners) of the Promoter or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible to enter this competition.
3. How to Enter: To enter you will need to submit an entry form with a recent photo (no more than 6 months old) of you and your partner, yours and your partner’s names, your dates of birth, your email address and contact number and an answer to an entry question using no more than 250 words. By entering the competition you are agreeing that both of you are willing and able to claim the prize should you be declared the winner of the competition. Only one entry per couple.
Any photos submitted which feature people must be of you or have been taken with the permission of the subject and must not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. You warrant that the photo you submit is of you or your own work and that you own the copyright for it. Any complaints lodged against your photograph in relation to permissions will result in it being removed. If you use an image you do not own the copyright for, we retain the right to provide your name to the owner of the photograph, should they request it. Any images deemed to be inappropriate or offensive will not be published and will be removed.
Copyright in all images submitted remains with you. You grant a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to the Promoter to feature your photo in any publications, websites and/or any promotional material, PR or advertising connected with this competition and/or any future marketing campaigns.
5. Closing Date: All entries must be received by 12pm on 12th May 2014.
6. Receipt of Entries: The Promoter cannot be held responsible for network, computer or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. The Promoter is not responsible for entries not received and/or any lost entries.
7. Prize: The prize is for one couple who will be picked to become the ‘Your Big Day From Thomson’ winner. The prize includes a wedding holiday package, comprising flights, transfers, accommodation in a private pool suite room at the Athena Beach Hotel, Paphos, Cyprus on an all-inclusive basis for 14 nights for the couple. The winning couple’s guests, up to a maximum of 8, will be accommodated in a standard double/twin room for 7 nights on a half board basis courtesy of the Promoter’s partner Constantinou Bros Hotels. The prize also includes either a legal wedding ceremony or blessing for same sex couples, wedding breakfast reception, stag/hen do’s in Cyprus, wedding outfits (wedding dress/groom’s outfit up to a maximum of £2000 and two outfits for a maximum of two bridesmaids/attendants up to a maximum of £300), decorations and wedding set-up for the couple and up to 8 guests. The wedding party will travel to Cyprus on or around the 24th September 2014 along with the Promoter’s staff. Details of the trip will be confirmed at least 30 days in advance of the departure date. Transport to and from the departure airport and spending money are not included. It is the winner’s responsibility to check all visas, passport requirements and wedding legalities are fulfilled for themselves and their party. Booking terms and conditions apply to the holiday and wedding package; see relevant brochure or www.thomson.co.uk for details. The prize is not transferable and no alternative will be offered. Any additional guests attending the stag/hen do’s, wedding ceremony and wedding breakfast, will be required to pay the additional costs incurred for them being present. The winning couple will be required to pay for any costs over and above the budgets set out above.
The five elements of the prize that will be ‘crowd-sourced’ by the Thomson Holidays Facebook community are set out below. Initially the Facebook community will suggest ideas for each of the elements. The Promoter will compile a short list of ideas for each element and the idea with the most ‘likes’ as voted for by the Facebook community will be the chosen element for the winning couple’s wedding. Only likes on the Thomson Holidays Facebook page will be counted, likes on your own timeline will not count towards the final tally.
1) Colour and theme
The decorations and wedding set-up will be determined from the most popular ‘theme’ and ‘colour scheme’ as voted for by the Facebook community.
2) Wedding Dress/Wedding Outfit
The outfits will be chosen by the couple and must be of the most popular style as voted for by the Facebook community.
3) Bridesmaids Dresses/Attendants Outfit
The bridesmaid’s dresses/attendant’s outfits will be chosen by the couple and must be of the most popular style as voted for by the Facebook community.
4) Stag/Hen Do’s
The activities for the couple and up to 8 guests will be the most popular activities as voted for by the Facebook community. The final itinerary and dates of the ‘do’s will be confirmed by the Promoter once the activity is known; however, they will not be the day before the wedding.
5) First Dance
The most popular song as voted for by the Facebook community will be played for the couple’s first dance as a married couple.
As part of this opportunity, the winning couple will be required to share their planning and activities in a minimum of 2 blog posts for the Promoter’s blog. Topics will be discussed and agreed between the couple and the Promoter, and posts that are to appear on the Promoter’s blog will be reviewed and may be edited to reflect house style – for example with regards to formatting, grammar and spelling.
8. Selection: The eligible entries received will be judged by a panel including one independent judge. The shortlist of entrants selected will be the three best entries received as agreed by the panel. The shortlisted couple that receives the most ‘likes’ as voted for by the Thomson Holidays Facebook community will be the winning couple. The winning couple will be informed w/c Monday 2nd June 2014 and announced on the Promoter’s Facebook page thereafter.
9. Notification: The three shortlisted couples will be contacted by phone or email from 15th May 2014 with further details of what ’Your Big Day’ involves. If you cannot be contacted or are unable to participate in the shortlist, the Promoter reserves the right to choose another couple for the shortlist from the eligible entries received.
10. Winner’s details: Details of the winning couple‘s names and country of residence will be obtainable after the 2nd June 2014 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The winning couple and other shortlisted entrants will be required to participate in post-competition publicity. The Promoter may use all content generated by the shortlisted entrants and winning couple on any of its social media channels.
11. General: The Promoter reserves the right to amend the competition in exceptional circumstances. All entrants agree to abide by these terms and conditions and the Promoter reserves the right to exclude entrants for any breach of these terms and conditions. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Facebook accepts no liability for this competition.
Pink flamingos, white sandy beaches, and turquoise waters – these images often...
Have you always wanted to tie the knot in Greece or Cyprus?...
Planning a wedding? We’re here to tell you that Italy is one...
Author: El Berwick
Published: April 3, 2014
Our top deals tailored to you, straight to your inbox Sign up for offers
Shop Finder Ask a question? Contact us
We're part of TUI Group - one of the world's leading travel companies. And all of our holidays are designed to help you Discover Your Smile.
Registered address: Wigmore House, Wigmore Lane, Luton, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom, LU2 9TN
More from TUI
Terms & conditions
Ways to Pay
Google Play Store
App Store for Ios
Holiday Budget Calculator
TUI Credit Card
Travel After Brexit
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and National Travel Health Network and Centre have up-to-date advice on staying safe and healthy abroad.
For the latest travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information check www.gov.uk/travelaware and follow @FCOtravel and Facebook.com/FCOtravel
More information is available by checking /destinations/info/travel-aware
Keep informed of current travel health news by visiting www.travelhealthpro.org.uk
The advice can change so check regularly for updates.
All the flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. When you pay you will be supplied with an ATOL Certificate. Please ask for it and check to ensure that everything you booked (flights, hotels and other services) is listed on it. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Some of the flights on this website are also financially protected by the ATOL scheme, but ATOL protection does not apply to all flights. This website will provide you with information on the protection that applies in the case of each flight before you make your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then the booking will not be ATOL protected. Please see our booking conditions for information, or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.caa.co.uk. ATOL protection does not apply to the other holiday and travel services listed on this website.