14 Things You Need To Know About Dubai’s Hunger Games Theme Park
We got a sneaky peak at what Dubai has planned for their biggest ever theme park, and it looks amazing. If you love movies, rides, fun, The Hunger Games, Shrek or all of the above, you’re in for a treat…
Dubai is our new Thomson Cruises base for 2016, so we’ve been looking at all the new and exciting attractions lined up for next year. When we paid a visit to the World Travel Market last week, we managed to get an exclusive preview of Dubai’s MotionGate theme park which will bring Hollywood to the desert. It’s on track to open in October 2016, so you can start planning your getaway right now. Here’s what you need to know…
Plans for the park layout
1. It’ll be open all year round – so whatever time of year you’re in Dubai, you’ll be able to visit.
2. 27 movie-themed attractions will be spread across 5 zones. 21 of which will be indoors so you can keep cool in the heat.
3. 4 of the themed zones are based on the major Hollywood studios – you’ve got Lionsgate, Dreamworks, Sony Pictures and Studio Central
4. Excited for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2? MotionGate will feature the world’s only Hunger Games attraction. Fans will get the chance to wander through a recreation of Katniss Everdeen’s neighbourhood and then hop on a rollercoaster that imitates Katniss and Peeta’s journey to the Capitol.
5. Dreamworks attractions will include Shrek, How To Train Your Dragon, Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs and Madagascar – as confirmed by King Julian himself…
Team Thomson and King Julian