Multi-centre holidays to Europe
Torn between two places? Visit them both and combine the best elements of our lakes, mountains and cities on a TUI multi-destination holiday in Europe. Blend lakeside stays with peak retreats, or swap nature’s bounty for a buzzing city. But where to start?
A dozen towns sprinkle the shores of Italy’s largest lake, each with its own style and atmosphere – so you can get an overall feel of the region with a Lake Garda multi-centre holiday. Pair the cliffside resort of Limone on the north-west shore – think cobbled streets, lemon groves and a bustling promenade – with the medieval walled town and thermal spas of Sirmione in the south.
LAKE COMO & LAKE MAGGIORE
See two Italian lakes in one trip with a Como and Maggiore multi-centre holiday. You can enjoy lazy days on Lake Como soaking up the elegance and scenery, taking boats between colourful villages and wandering around villas and gardens. Then head to Lake Maggiore to explore the beautiful Borromean Islands, stroll along promenades lined with grand hotels and pebble beaches, and spend your evenings in waterside restaurants.
LAKES & MOUNTAINS
If you’re tempted by the lakes but hear the call of the mountains too, why not see both?
• Combine the historic harbour town of Riva on Lake Garda with Selva Val Gardena, a walker’s paradise in the Dolomite mountains.
• Or if Austria sounds more intriguing, spend half your holiday in the cosmopolitan lakeside hub of Zell am See and the other half in Kitzbühel, a mountain town with a mix of upmarket shops and traditional charm.
• Over in Slovenia, you can mix the dreamy landscapes of Lake Bled or Lake Bohinj with Kranjska Gora in the Julian Alps.
LAKES, MOUNTAINS & CITIES
Get a real contrast by splitting your trip between a lake or mountain town and a vibrant city.
• You can move from the boutique shops, pavement cafés and lake views of Bardolino on Lake Garda to the symbolic heart of Italy, Verona.
• Mix glitzy Kitzbühel or cheerful Zell am See with the musical city of Salzburg, home to Mozart and The Sound of Music.
• Or see picturesque Zakopane in the Tatras Mountains before heading to Kraków, Poland’s cultural capital.
GO AS YOU PLEASE
Personalise your Italian multi-centre with Go As You Please. Return flights to Verona are included, and you can spend your first week however you like. Book your own accommodation and choose whether you want to soak up the city sights, get out into the countryside or maybe head north to the Dolomites. Then for the second week, you’ll make your way to Lake Garda to stay in one of our hand-picked hotels in Garda town, and explore its pavement cafés, waterfront villas and promenade.
Ready to find your perfect duo? Take a look at all of our TUI Lakes & Mountains multi-destination holidays to start planning your split trip.
Pssst. Head to the Discover homepage for our latest articles.