Win Flip-Flops For The Whole Family
Enter our competition to win some seriously stylish footwear for your next holiday courtesy of Gandys…
You know the score. You go on holiday with a zillion pairs of shoes, and end up just wearing your flip-flops for 2 weeks. So, they need to be good – and this is where Gandys flip-flops come in.
Gandys heard on the grapevine that I was heading to Thailand for a week and kindly sent over a pair of bright pink flip-flops (a step up from my usual uniform of black) for me to get as sandy as possible. I do like a challenge. As predicted, my 6 pairs of heels – what can I say, I get over-excited when I pack – were shunned in favour of donning my Gandys at all times. And I can report that they did indeed get sandy… and then some.
They were the ideal footwear companion when I hopped on boat trips to Krabi and the Phi Phi Islands, admired the view on Khao Lak beach, enjoyed Tom Kha soup and a banana shake overlooking the sea, and stretched out by the longest pool in South East Asia at the JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort. My verdict? Ultra-comfy and hard-wearing – they’re made from 100% rubber – and stylish to boot.
The story behind Gandys
It was fitting that I should be visiting the area of Khao Lak, where the devastating tsunami hit just over 9 years ago. Gandys was founded by 2 young brothers who were tragically orphaned by the Boxing Day disaster, which they narrowly survived themselves. They’ve managed to turn the ultimate negative into a positive, though, and are using their footwear business to fund ‘Orphans for Orphans’. It’s an initiative that aims to support orphans in less developed countries, and the brothers are on target to open their first children’s home in India in their parents’ memory, which coincides with the 10th anniversary of the tsunami. When that’s been achieved they want to spread their work even further. It’s an incredibly inspiring story, and we wish them all the best.
Win a family set of flip-flops
We’re offering 2 x family sets of flip-flops (each family wins 4 pairs of their choice… whether they’re for adults or kids – or a mix of both – is up to you). To be in with a chance of winning, send an email to email@example.com with ‘Gandys competition’ in the subject line, and include your name, address and a contact telephone number in the body of the email.
The competition closes at midnight on Thursday 13th March and is open to anyone resident in the UK, Northern Ireland or Channel Islands who is 18 years of age or older. Please read the Terms and Conditions below carefully before entering the competition. By entering you indicate that you accept these Terms and Conditions and you agree to be bound by them.
Show <<< TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY
1. Promoter’s Details: Thomson is a trading name of TUI UK Limited (the “Promoter”), a member of the TUI Travel PLC group of companies, registered in England and Wales under number 2830117 and whose registered office is at TUI Travel House, Crawley Business Quarter, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9QL.
2. Eligibility: This competition is open to anyone resident in the UK, Northern Ireland or the Channel Islands, who is eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees and immediate family (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners) of the Promoter or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible to enter this competition.
3. How to Enter: To enter you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Gandys Flip-Flops Competition’ in the subject line and your name, address and a contact telephone number in the body of the email. Only one entry allowed per person. No purchase necessary.
5. Dates: The competition closes on 13th March 2014. All entries must be received by midnight on 13th March 2014.
6. Receipt of Entries: The Promoter cannot be held responsible for network, computer or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. The Promoter is not responsible for entries not received and/or any lost entries.
7. Prizes: There are two family sets of Gandys flip-flops to be won. Each family set consists of any combination of four pairs of Gandys flip-flops, which can be selected by the winner from products available on www.gandysflipflops.com. Prizes will be sent directly from Gandys, who will endeavour to fulfil winners’ specific requests regarding design, size and colour, depending on availability. Gandys reserves the right to offer an alternative pair if any of the requested flip-flops are unavailable. The prize is not transferable and no alternative will be offered.
8. Selection of winners: The winners will be chosen at random from all eligible entries received and winner’s details will be passed on to Gandys.
9. Notification: The winners will be notified by email on or after the 13th March 2014 with instructions on how to claim their prize. If a winner cannot be contacted or is unable to accept their prize, the Promoter reserves the right to choose another winner from eligible entries received.
10. Winners’ details: Details of the winners, name and country of residence, will be obtainable after the 13th March 2014 by writing to email@example.com. The winners may be required to participate in post-competition publicity.
11. General: The Promoter reserves the right to amend the competition in exceptional circumstances. All entrants agree to abide by these terms and conditions and the Promoter reserves the right to exclude entrants for any breach of these terms and conditions. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
Visit the Gandys website to find out more about their flip-flops and the unique story behind the brand.