Our award-winning travel app for iPhone and Android is celebrating its inaugural year, so we’re giving away some exciting prizes to celebrate…
So much has happened since this time last year. Andy Murray lifted the cup at Wimbledon. The Royal Baby graced us with his presence. And a whopping 339,746 holidaymakers have downloaded the MyThomson app.
Since we launched our first app on 9th May 2013, it’s had a gobsmacking 15 million page views, with an average of 10,079 people using the app each day. We could go on, but to avoid a long list of facts and figures we’ve created an infographic that’s far more fun to look at…
[Click image to enlarge]
Suffice to say we’re very proud parents of our 1-year-old.
To celebrate the occasion, we’re giving away a Kindle Fire HD, and 3 iPod shuffles as runner-up prizes. So, how do you enter? Simply suggest a new feature that you’d like to see added to the app, and the reason why, and presto! Your name’s in the hat. And you could also see your feature in a future release.
The feature judged to be the cream of the crop will be selected as the winner, and 3 runners-up will be chosen at random from all other entries. The best part? Send out a tweet with the hashtag #mythomsonbirthday and you’ll gain an extra entry for one of the iPod shuffles.
The competition closes at midnight on Wednesday 21st May 2014 and is open to anyone resident in the UK, Northern Ireland or Channel Islands who is 18 years of age or older. Please read the Terms and Conditions below carefully before entering the competition. By entering you indicate that you accept these Terms and Conditions and you agree to be bound by them.
Show <<< TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY
1. Promoter’s Details: Thomson is a trading name of TUI UK Limited (the “Promoter”), a member of the TUI Travel PLC group of companies, registered in England and Wales under number 2830117 and whose registered office is at TUI Travel House, Crawley Business Quarter, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9QL.
2. Eligibility: This competition is open to anyone resident in the UK, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland or the Channel Islands, who is eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees and immediate family (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners) of the Promoter or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible to enter this competition.
3. How to Enter: To take part in the MyThomson App 1st Birthday competition and be in with the chance of winning the first prize or one of three runner up prizes, entrants must complete the entry form here: https://www.tuisurveys.co.uk/se.ashx?s=705E3F6F709314C5 and submit their recommendation for a new feature within the app together with their name and email address. A summary of the current features in the app can be found here for inspiration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tswt3SG69xM
To be in with the chance of gaining an extra entry to win one of three runner up prizes you must have tweeted #mythomsonbirthday through Twitter.
Only one entry and one tweet can be submitted per person. No purchase necessary.
Internet access required to participate.
No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups, multiple applications, or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete, or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
5. Dates: The competition opens on the 06/05/2014 and closes at 11:59pm GMT on the 21/05/2014.
6. Receipt of Entries: The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. The Promoter is not responsible for entries not received and/or any lost entries.
7. Prize(s): There is one first prize of: a Kindle Fire HD 16GB and three runner up prizes of: a blue Apple iPod Shuffle 2GB. All prizes are non-transferable and no alternative will be offered.
8. Selection of winner(s): The feature judged to be the best and most suitable of all eligible entries received by the closing date will be selected to be the winner of the first prize. Three runner up prizes will be chosen at random from all eligible entries received from the entry form and tweets of #mythomsonbirthday made through twitter by the closing date.
9. Notification: The winner(s) will be notified by email after the 02/06/2014 with instructions on how to claim their prize. Winner(s) must acknowledge and respond to this email within 28 days of the date of the email. If a winner cannot be contacted or is unable to accept their prize, the Promoter reserves the right to choose another winner from eligible entries received.
10. Winner(s) Details: Details of the winner(s), name and country of residence, will be obtainable after the 30/06/2014 by emailing “MyThomson App 1st Birthday Competition Winners” to email address email@example.com within ten weeks after the published closing date. The winner(s) may be required to participate in post-competition publicity.
11. General: The Promoter reserves the right to amend the competition in exceptional circumstances. All entrants agree to abide by these terms and conditions and the Promoter reserves the right to exclude entrants for any breach of these terms and conditions. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Apple or Kindle. These companies accept no liability for this competition.
Need some inspiration? Here are 5 of our popular features from the past year…
1) Hotel & Resort
No one wants to be swotting up on the hotel’s facilities when there’s precious relaxing time to be had. With this handy feature, you can gen up before you go.
2) Holiday Extras
What’s better than that ‘I’m going on holiday’ feeling? Knowing you’ve saved precious pennies by getting exclusive deals on holiday essentials, like car hire and foreign currency.
3) Holiday Summary
Flight details, check-in information and holiday schedules all in one place. This feature sends stressful travelling packing.
One of life’s greatest pleasures is checking your phone and finding a forecast of endless sun icons and toasty temperatures. Another pleasure? Sharing it with friends at home from your sunlounger.
5) Holiday Checklist
Our to-do and packing lists will ensure that everything from cancelling the papers to packing the passports won’t get forgotten.
When it comes to flying, you’ve told us you want more options....
Holiday season is upon us, which means one sure thing. Social media...
Walt Disney World in Florida is the number-one choice if you’re looking...
Author: El Berwick
Published: May 7, 2014
Our top deals tailored to you, straight to your inbox Sign up for offers
Shop Finder Ask a question? Contact us
We're part of TUI Group - one of the world's leading travel companies. And all of our holidays are designed to help you Discover Your Smile.
Registered address: Wigmore House, Wigmore Lane, Luton, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom, LU2 9TN
More from TUI
About TUI MyTUI app Cookies Notice Privacy Notice Terms & conditions Ways to Pay Media Centre Travel Jobs Affiliates Discover Google Play Store App Store for Ios TUI Travel Money Holiday Budget Calculator TUI Group TUI Credit Card First Choice Holiday Brochures Travel After Brexit Holiday Weather
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and National Travel Health Network and Centre have up-to-date advice on staying safe and healthy abroad.
For the latest travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information check www.gov.uk/travelaware and follow @FCOtravel and Facebook.com/FCOtravel
More information is available by checking /destinations/info/travel-aware
Keep informed of current travel health news by visiting www.travelhealthpro.org.uk
The advice can change so check regularly for updates.
Some of the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. This website will provide you with information on the protection that applies in the case of each holiday and travel service offered before you make your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then the booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our booking conditions for information, or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.caa.co.uk