#787pics – Fancy Having A Dreamliner Named After You?
This may just be our most exciting competition so far. If having our newest 787 Dreamliner named after you, as well as bagging a luxury holiday for two to Mauritius, sounds like something you’d be interested in winning – surely that includes everyone – read on to find out how to enter…
Instagram has stolen Twitter’s crown as the leader of social media. Case in point? Last year, it was Thomson’s Twitterati who christened our first ground-breaking 787 Dreamliner. This year, however, we’re turning to our loyal band of Instagrammers to determine the name of the sixth aircraft in our 787 fleet. Yes, that means you. Here’s all the info you need to know about our win-the-prize-of-a-lifetime competition…
How do I enter?
Easy. Just snap a pic of one of our Dreamliners (or hunt out one you’ve already taken) when you’re off on your travels to far-flung spots like Mexico, Jamaica and Thailand – or even on the runway in the sunny *ahem* UK. So what sort of thing are we looking for? Photos can be captured in or around a 787, and can be anything from dramatic views out of the large windows, arty frames of life inside the cabin, or exterior shots of our super-plane. The more creative you are, the better. Then simply share it on either of our @thomsonholidays or @firstchoiceholidays Instagram accounts.
[Photo courtesy of @miss_jess]
Is there a hashtag?
Is the sky blue? Make sure you tag your pics with the all-important hashtag #787pics.
What’s the prize?
How many people do you know who’ve had an actual plane named after them? A big fat zero, right? So, if you win, our newest Dreamliner will have your first name emblazoned on it and, quite frankly, you’ll have bragging rights forever. And if that’s not amazing enough, we’re also throwing in a 7-night holiday for two to the luxury 5* Ambre Resort and Spa Couples hotel in Mauritius. We know we’re not allowed to have favourites when it comes to our hotels, but this one’s not-so-secretly on our list – check out the pics and you’ll get an inkling why…
When’s the deadline for entries?
The competition closes at 6pm on Friday 16th January 2015.
Who decides the winner?
The entries will be judged by über-talented Instagram photographer, Jess MacDonald (@miss_jess), who – along with the panel of judges from the airline – will draw up a shortlist of the 5 stand-out shots. The finalists’ images will then be posted on our Thomson and First Choice Facebook pages, and the one with the most likes will be announced the winner.
Help… I need some inspiration!
Here’s a selection of inventive shots taken by some of our Dreamliner fans…
So, what’s all the fuss about the 787 Dreamliner?
Where do we start? It’s faster, quieter and more eco-friendly than standard planes. Not only that, it has all sorts of whizzy extras like mood-lighting and re-jigged cabin pressure that, together, knock jetlag into touch. As for the seats, we’re talking 33” or 34” in Economy Club – more than you get from BA and Virgin – and a whopping 38” of wiggle room in Premium Club. Put plainly, it’s revolutionised long-haul flying. Next year, we’re also proud to announce we’ll be flying to new destinations, including the only direct flight from Europe to Costa Rica in November 2015. Race you to Departures…
Good luck everyone!
Show <<< TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before entering the competition. By entering you indicate that you accept these terms and conditions and you agree to be bound by them.
1. Promoter’s Details: Thomson Airways is a trading name of TUI UK Limited (the “Promoter”), a member of the TUI Travel PLC group of companies, registered in England and Wales under number 2830117 and whose registered office is at TUI Travel House, Crawley Business Quarter, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9QL.
2. Eligibility: This competition is open to anyone resident in the UK who is eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees and immediate family (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners) of the Promoter or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible to enter this competition.
3. How to Enter: How to Enter: To enter you will need to upload a picture to the @thomsonholidays or @firstchoiceholidays Instagram account using the tag ‘#787pics’ on or of a 787 Dreamliner. Unfortunately we are unable to accept video submissions, but video stills can still be entered. These images can be taken, subject to any published restrictions, at the airport, in the sky or anywhere the aircraft has been spotted flying. Anyone found to be using multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible and only entries with the #787pics tag will be entered. Any swear words or offensive names will be disregarded and duplicated updates will not be considered. The finalists will be notified by Instagram either via comment or direct message to request further information by 19 January 2015. The winner will be notified by Instagram to request further details by 23 January 2015.
Any photos submitted which feature people must be of you or have been taken with the permission of the subject and must not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. You warrant that the photo you submit is of you or your own work and that you own the copyright for it. Any complaints lodged against your photograph in relation to permissions will result in it being removed. If you use an image you do not own the copyright for we retain the right to provide your name to the owner of the photograph, should they request it. Any images deemed to be inappropriate or offensive will not be published and will be removed. Copyright in all images submitted remains with you. You grant a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to the Promoter to feature your photo in any publications, websites and/or any promotional material, PR or advertising connected with this competition and/or any future marketing campaigns.
5. Dates: The competition commences on 14 November 2014 and closes on 16 January 2015. All entries must be received by 18:00 on 16 January 2015.
6. Receipt of Entries: The Promoter cannot be held responsible for network, computer or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. The Promoter is not responsible for entries not received and/or any lost entries.
7. Prize(s): The winner of the competition will see their first name applied to one of Thomson’s new 787 aircraft (maximum of 16 characters). The prize also includes one holiday for a maximum of two adults in a standard room type to Ambre Resort & Spa, in Mauritius on an all-inclusive basis for seven nights. Flights depart from Gatwick airport and there is a luggage allowance of 15kg per person, plus in resort transfers are included. Travel insurance is not included. The holiday must be booked and taken by 11 December 2015. Prize excludes travel between 28 March 2015 and 14 April 2015, and between 17 July 2015 and 1 September 2015. It is the winner’s responsibility to check all visa and passport requirements are fulfilled. Booking terms and conditions apply to the holiday; see relevant brochure or www.thomson.co.uk for details. The prize is not transferable and no alternative will be offered.
8. Selection of winners: A short list of five final entries will be selected from all entries received by the panel of judges which will comprise Thomson Airways’ airline team and high profile Instagram lifestyle photographer Jess MacDonald. The winner will then be selected by the Thomson Facebook community according to the number of ‘likes’ received. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
9. Notification: The winner will be notified via private message on Instagram after 21 January 2015 with instructions on how to claim their prize. If a winner cannot be contacted within 14 days or is unable to accept their prize, the Promoter reserves the right to choose another winner from eligible entries received.
10. Winner’s details: Details of the winner’s, name and country of residence, will be obtainable after the closing date by responding to the instructions left under the image by the Promoter. The winner may be required to participate in post-competition publicity.
11. General: The Promoter reserves the right to amend the competition in exceptional circumstances. All entrants agree to abide by these terms and conditions and the Promoter reserves the right to exclude entrants for any breach of these terms and conditions. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. Neither Facebook nor Instagram accepts liability for this competition.