4 Family-Friendly Hotels To Visit In Antalya
Planning a holiday with kids? We take a closer look at 4 of the best child-friendly hotels in this popular region of Turkey…
On a gold-sand beach, half an hour’s drive from Alanya.
– The Pegasos Royal is part of the Thomson Family Resort collection, so it’s got activities and entertainment geared up for little ones. That means a Thomson Kids’ Club with treasure hunts and fancy dress parties, and evening shows starring Thomson the Dog.
– This hotel has an impressive waterslide count. There are a handful snaking into the main pool, plus even more chutes curling around the turrets of Captain Nemo’s Castle.
– The main restaurant has a children’s corner with kid-sized buffet tables and favourites like meatballs in tomato sauce. You can also eat in themed à la carte venues, including a Mexican place that plates up sizzling fajitas and burritos.
On a private sandy beach, 20 minutes’ stroll from the centre of Belek.
– The red-carpet treatment starts as soon as you arrive. Kids get their own miniature check-in desk, a little bathrobe in blue or pink, and a teddy to keep. In-room minibars are also stocked with cornflakes and milk to make them feel at home.
– Find the kids’ club by following the teddy bear paw prints from the check-in desk. It lines up a play barn and mini-cinemas, plus a garden with a sprinkler zone and a sandpit for digging up dinosaur bones. There’s even an entire room dedicated to Lego.
– Activities at the kids’ club are monitored by CCTV – parents can view the live footage from their room TV or PDA to see what their little ones are up to.
Set just back from the beach in Turkler, 20 minutes’ drive from Alanya.
– The hotel’s brand new beach club is stacked with things to do, from a kids’ club and sand-side play area to pools and splash zones with mini-slides and a climbable pirate ship.
– There’s not 1, but 2 waterparks – one at the hotel, the other at the beach club. Both line up impressive slide collections, with white-knuckle names like Black Hole, Kamikaze and Twister.
– You’ve got plenty of dining options here. Pile your plate at the buffet restaurant, or head to one of the à la carte venues – they offer everything from steak and seafood to traditional Turkish dishes, so you’re bound to find something to please everyone.
On a Blue Flag sandy beach, less than 10 minutes’ drive from Side.
– They’ve just opened a fab new waterpark at this hotel from our sister company, First Choice. Bigger kids will love the white-knucklers like Black Hole and Boomerango, while little ones have a dedicated splash zone with lots of sprays, mini-slides and a giant tipping bucket.
– The main pool here is absolutely huge, and has a big shallow section that’s crowned with a pirate ship.
– The Captain Popcorn evening shows get high praise from the TripAdvisor crowd. During the day, the Captain’s kids’ club lines up things like treasure hunts, movies and pirate-themed photo shoots.