Planning a holiday with kids? We take a closer look at 4 of the best child-friendly hotels in this popular region of Turkey…
On a gold-sand beach, half an hour’s drive from Alanya.
– The Pegasos Royal is part of the Thomson Family Resort collection, so it’s got activities and entertainment geared up for little ones. That means a Thomson Kids’ Club with treasure hunts and fancy dress parties, and evening shows starring Thomson the Dog.
– This hotel has an impressive waterslide count. There are a handful snaking into the main pool, plus even more chutes curling around the turrets of Captain Nemo’s Castle.
– The main restaurant has a children’s corner with kid-sized buffet tables and favourites like meatballs in tomato sauce. You can also eat in themed à la carte venues, including a Mexican place that plates up sizzling fajitas and burritos.
On a private sandy beach, 20 minutes’ stroll from the centre of Belek.
– The red-carpet treatment starts as soon as you arrive. Kids get their own miniature check-in desk, a little bathrobe in blue or pink, and a teddy to keep. In-room minibars are also stocked with cornflakes and milk to make them feel at home.
– Find the kids’ club by following the teddy bear paw prints from the check-in desk. It lines up a play barn and mini-cinemas, plus a garden with a sprinkler zone and a sandpit for digging up dinosaur bones. There’s even an entire room dedicated to Lego.
– Activities at the kids’ club are monitored by CCTV – parents can view the live footage from their room TV or PDA to see what their little ones are up to.
Set just back from the beach in Turkler, 20 minutes’ drive from Alanya.
– The hotel’s brand new beach club is stacked with things to do, from a kids’ club and sand-side play area to pools and splash zones with mini-slides and a climbable pirate ship.
– There’s not 1, but 2 waterparks – one at the hotel, the other at the beach club. Both line up impressive slide collections, with white-knuckle names like Black Hole, Kamikaze and Twister.
– You’ve got plenty of dining options here. Pile your plate at the buffet restaurant, or head to one of the à la carte venues – they offer everything from steak and seafood to traditional Turkish dishes, so you’re bound to find something to please everyone.
On a Blue Flag sandy beach, less than 10 minutes’ drive from Side.
– They’ve just opened a fab new waterpark at this hotel from our sister company, First Choice. Bigger kids will love the white-knucklers like Black Hole and Boomerango, while little ones have a dedicated splash zone with lots of sprays, mini-slides and a giant tipping bucket.
– The main pool here is absolutely huge, and has a big shallow section that’s crowned with a pirate ship.
– The Captain Popcorn evening shows get high praise from the TripAdvisor crowd. During the day, the Captain’s kids’ club lines up things like treasure hunts, movies and pirate-themed photo shoots.
When it comes to flying, you’ve told us you want more options....
Holiday season is upon us, which means one sure thing. Social media...
Walt Disney World in Florida is the number-one choice if you’re looking...
Author: Laura Weeden
Published: July 28, 2014
Our top deals tailored to you, straight to your inbox Sign up for offers
Shop Finder Ask a question? Contact us
We're part of TUI Group - one of the world's leading travel companies. And all of our holidays are designed to help you Discover Your Smile.
Registered address: Wigmore House, Wigmore Lane, Luton, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom, LU2 9TN
More from TUI
About TUI MyTUI app Cookies Notice Privacy Notice Terms & conditions Ways to Pay Media Centre Travel Jobs Affiliates Discover Google Play Store App Store for Ios TUI Travel Money Holiday Budget Calculator TUI Group TUI Credit Card First Choice Holiday Brochures Travel After Brexit Holiday Weather
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and National Travel Health Network and Centre have up-to-date advice on staying safe and healthy abroad.
For the latest travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information check www.gov.uk/travelaware and follow @FCOtravel and Facebook.com/FCOtravel
More information is available by checking /destinations/info/travel-aware
Keep informed of current travel health news by visiting www.travelhealthpro.org.uk
The advice can change so check regularly for updates.
Some of the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. This website will provide you with information on the protection that applies in the case of each holiday and travel service offered before you make your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then the booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our booking conditions for information, or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.caa.co.uk